247sports.com names u*nc as dark horse to make football playoff

Home Forums StateFans Football 247sports.com names u*nc as dark horse to make football playoff

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

The annual media ritual begins.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Five-out-of-left-field-teams-that-could-make-the-2015-Playoff-35556542

2. North Carolina: The Tar Heels are loaded on offense. People may not realize this, but they are. Quarterback Marquise Williams, the entire offensive line, three great receivers and a stable of running backs off of a unit that was pretty good in 2014 to start with. Gene Chizik takes over the defense and while that side of the ball will be less than ideal, it should at least be better. Plus, the Coastal Division of the Atlantic Coast Conference is a crap shoot. If the Heels can get off and running this year and at least slow the opposition down, then there’s a chance for Larry Fedora’s fourth season to be special.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

This year’s winner of the ‘Who will say it first?’ award!!!

TheCOWDOG

They ain’t no Silky Sullivan.

I really think that these writers have a sense of humor.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The preferred nomenclature is “sleeping giant”, Dude.

WON’T SOMEONE PLEAZ THINK OF TEH PINE TREES??

TheCOWDOG

Fun to have someone to condesend to…no?

TheCOWDOG

I understand that Fedora gaffed on open media last week.

A minor NCAA infraction…

LOL…Infraction…NCAA in a same fragmented sentence.

ncsu1987
    Participant

So last year, the were picked highly preseason because of the “strong finish the previous year” (against the weakest part of the schedule). They lost the last two games by a combined 75-28, so that’s not it….

I swear somebody, somewhere is getting PAID to do this. It happens every damned year, and for absolutely NO valid reason. Yet, it keeps their name in the mix, and likely has a very small, but tangible impact on young mens’ impressions. And the fact that they fail or disappoint miserably every, single time never really gets called out, does it?

Maybe CD is right, and these writers are just epic trolling.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^Maybe, but I like your theory better.

And something about it seems particularly plausible to me.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Given enough time and support, eventually a narrative becomes strong enough to stand on its own and reproduce at will. Facts and reality be damned.

“But it’s Carolina!!! How can they not be successful?!? Well, that’ll change this year because reasons!”

mcpack1
    Participant

Apparently Brian Williams is now writing for 247sports

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I can think of a dozen ways to play that “dark horse” reference…
    but none of them are even close to “politically correct”…

Bottom line is that there’s no point in closing the barn door when all the “horses” left town with BMFD…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BassPacker
    Participant

Fe-fe, fi-fi, fo-fo, fum
    I smell smoke in the stadium
    Larry Frown, Larry Frown
    He’s a coach, that Larry Frown
    He’s gonna get caught
    Just you wait and see
    (Why’s everybody always pickin’ on me)

That’s him with NCAA indiscretion
    I know that’s him
    Yeah, from the cheating blue heaven
    Now dealing with recruiting oppression

Larry Frown, Larry Frown
    He’s a coach, that Larry Frown
    He’s gonna get caught
    Just you wait and see
    (Why’s everybody always pickin’ on me)

BassPacker
    Participant

^Having said that (perhaps limiting Corona intake) 247sports also ranks NC State as the #1 in game changing recruiting class of 2015 for power conferences.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/2/5/7985377/college-football-recruiting-rankings-2015-most-improved-classes

patientwuf
    Participant

The author of this article experiences hallucinatory conditions often.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Maybe this is the guy writing the articles…

This time it's DIFFERENT!

ncsu1987
    Participant

^Hey pak, I snorted when I first saw the picture, especially in light of the 2008 reference. Then I literally LOL’d when I saw “second printing”. Don’t know if Mr. Zuccaro wrote the dark horse article, but he and the author definitely went to the same school….

Thanks, a good laugh restores the soul.

Greywolf
    Participant

The dark horse might turn out to be a black sheep. Love reading this football stuff.;-)

BJD95
    Keymaster

Every “the end is near” shyster preacher: “We have to be right eventually!!!!!”

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I think the author makes some excellent points. I mean, they have players on offense. Some are even above average. And then defense. Well, let’s just say that they have a chance to make some plays this year. Some of them might even turn out to be good plays. Nuff said? If that’s not solid enough evidence for you, consider that if they win their games, they’ll get into the conversation of playoffs. To me, that’s the key part: winning games. If they can pull that off, then the sky’s the limit. It all seems to point to a special season from a special coach with his special players. And it will all go along great with their special education.
    I still wonder when they’re going to officially change their mascot. Mr. Ed was dark wasn’t he?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.