2017 NCAA tourney *OFFICIAL* thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 2017 NCAA tourney *OFFICIAL* thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Hey everybody!! Luke Maye went to class today at 8 am!!!!!!! I just wanted everyone to know that!! They gave him a standing ovation!!! In class! UNC basketball players go to class now!!! I’m sure that coverage wasn’t planned at all.

tractor57
    Participant

F Carolina – both fothem

Adventuroo
    Participant

We gave Freddie Combs a SO in 1967 after the Houston game. I sat beside him and he was about as embarrassed as any person I have ever seen. Industrial Safety – Professor Sam Cope – Riddick Auditorium…..T & T

Memories….

44rules
    Participant

So it looks like Gott’s last victim/victory, Georgia Tech, is going to play for the NIT championship.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Adventuroo
    Participant

At this point, and I posted this last night around 6:00, I am an OFFICIAL “Spring 2017” GA Tech Fan. This is a limited gig….like a coach’s salary. I got a BOGO and added USC to my official outfit.

GA Tech has demonstrated that they (the coaching staff) know now to do it. It took the ADMIN a while. Give Paul Hewitt a Lifetime Contract, then declare him dead….BUT THEY PAID HIM (contrary to a certain West Raleigh institution). Then they hired Mr. Gregory and then summarily dismissed them. The Fox Sports special “Bring Back the Buzz” was a very good piece on Josh Pastner. SO, he is on my list of folks to support in the NIT.

USC…OK, from a benevolent viewpoint, I feel an obligation to support USC just for Corch’s kid. BUT, if you were old enough to watch and remember ACC BB, then you probably DO remember when Norm took down Frank in the 1970 NCAAT. There were two guys (more) on the squad that I remember. Roche and Cremmins. It was one of the best games that I can recall…..OK, if you were a State Fan. NOW…factoid from it. Cremmins took off and “disappeared”.

http://onlyagame.legacy.wbur.org/2013/03/23/gamecocks-cremins

SO, to honor Cremmins, also of GA Tech Fame, I am adopting USC and hope that they bring some glory to USC so that Frank McGuire’s ghost can be passivated and stop spinning in his grave.

Speaking of STRANGE things, like Cremmins, how many remember Hacksaw Reynolds of the Rams and 49’ers? If you do, then you remember that he was a UT (TN) player who got so mad after a loss that he cut a 1953 Chevrolet into TWO PARTS with a hacksaw. Not documentation of the amount of alcohol involved for how many blades he used. Having driven and worked on my dad’s 1954 Chevrolet….it WAS made of a LOT of Steel when STEEL was really S>T>E>E>L….

Probably should make s separate forum….but I THINK that UK is now trying to OUTDO NCSU as to looney and vengeful fans. Remember the outrage when PP (and it was easy to do….anyone here could have done it as I had already found the info) OUTED the “tutor” in the UNC mess and published personal info and such…. Read the following….(PS, our OWN Primo @$$holer referee is an insurance agent….if memory serves me correctly)…

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article141326123.html

Pack78
    Participant

I remember those SC teams under McGuire…had a pair of enforcers named Ribock and Riker-really tough outfits back in the day…

tractor57
    Participant

Riker was tough but with talent. Ribock was the equivalent of a hockey enforcer. In addition Roche, Cremins and Tom Owens (one of my all time favorite Carolina Cougars). Probably the most hated team every for North Carolina – and I was there. My dad was a fan because of McGuire.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Some good reading before we’re all Oregon Ducks fans this evening:

UNC’s dominance fails to cover Cheating’s Stain

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Probably the most hated team ever for North Carolinians….

No doubt about that… and it cut across US74-76 both ways…

Remember Frank McGuire had won a NC at *NC in ’57 and had been run out of town in ’62 because of the “Tobacco Road point shaving” scandal….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tractor57
    Participant

BotB – yes, Never knew why my dad was so invested but he was. In those days I was UNX fan (knew little and then I learned). To this day I collect UNX stuff from that era.

66pack
    Participant

This may have been mentioned before but if not, the state of S.C. may have men’s baseball,football and men’s and women’s National Champs in the span of the last 9 months.

MrPlywood
    Participant

we’re all Oregon Ducks fans this evening

*quack*

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

After 1962… McGuire hated the Tarholes worst than Wolfpackers, Devils and Deamons…

——————-

Let’s see what unfolds tonight…

Hammer coming next week….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Zags pull it out by one basket against a fierce comeback by the ‘Cocks…

Remember… there’s always one team who does not show up for the Final Four…

and that the second half is 15minutes with a 5minute playoff…

POP!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The nightmare season of 16-17 continues….
    Good night gents….

Wulfpack
    Participant

UNC opens as a 2 point favorite over the Zags. I like the Bulldogs.

TheCOWDOG

I was born a Bulldog.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Amazing Roy won last night. They had 3 times outs left in the last minute and change. Instead of burning one, Jackson throws the ball into the stands as he’s double teamed (or was he triple teamed?). Instead of burning one to set up an inbound play with 6 seconds left, Roy lets em play and they inbound the ball to worst free throw shooter Meeks (who missed both). And still come away with a damn win. Horse shoes up their asses.

Zags are the last hope. I’m not confident.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Did Jim Nance really refer to unx’s little 20 year scandal as “innuendo”?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Didn’t Jim Nance attend *NC ???

Wulfpack
    Participant

No, Houston. He is from Charlotte though.

TheCOWDOG

Karnowski is gonna drop a couple hundred pounds of Kielbasa on Meeks’ noggin’.

NCSU84
    Participant

Let’s face it, no way does zag beat UNC tomorrow. I just have to get myself prepared for the obnoxious snickering Walmart crowd that I will surely face all day Tuesday and many days ahead. There will be no mention of the scandal. Even if there were, rest assured that I will be vehemently informed that ‘this’ team had nothing to do with the scandal. But what they fail to realize, ‘this’ team was recruited and made their decision to attend UNC off of the legacy of the scandalous group. They also fail to realize that reputation of the university continues to be tarnished as long as they say it was an academic issue – not athletic. In other words, ‘we acknowledge fake classes existed for everyone – not just athletes’ Let that sink in
    for a minute. But I digress from my thoughts about tomorrow’s victory. Just be ready for what is to come because we have been there before (I hate them so much it hurts).

Texpack
    Participant

One of my engineers grew up in Spokane and is a life long Gonzaga fan. Her dad graduated from Illinois who was a victim of one of the AFAM All Star teams in the 2003 Finals, so this is the opportunity to right a family wrong for her in addition to winning one fro the Zags. Just based on the eye test the Cheaters are about 10 point s better than the Zags. TPI has the CHeats as an 8.5 point favorite.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The Zags came to play.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.