2017 – NCAA Football National Championship…

Home Forums StateFans Football 2017 – NCAA Football National Championship…

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Man I’d get me some cleats with velcro straps instead of laces.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If #7 Mike Williams ain’t first round, I’m stupid…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BassPacker
    Participant

Amazing game win or lose it Clemson. ACC

MrPlywood
    Participant

Wow.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

AND THAT’S HOW YOU WIN A BALLGAME…

SUCK IT SABAN && BAMA!

BassPacker
    Participant

Kyle Bambard Natty MVP !!

pakfanistan
    Participant

aw yiss

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would have run a designed QB draw, and I think they had the defense confused thinking the same thing. Well done! Even if I wasn’t pulling for the bastards!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Play under review…
    Un F’ing Believeable

THEY REALLY NEED TO FIX THAT SH#T !!!

pakfanistan
    Participant

This lawyer crap takes all of the fun out of games.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Got to be a Bama grad in the booth.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

GET THE F*ING ZEBRAS OFF THE F*ING FIELD !!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Supreme confidence on the last drive to take the clock that low. Excellent game. Buh-bye Bama.

choppack1
    Participant

Bjd – good call on the beating Watson took. Incredible guts showed by the tigers.

Amazing, if Clemson can climb this mountain again in football…

choppack1
    Participant

Boulware went to my sister’s high school in Anderson. It’s about 15 minutes from Clemson. Turn Raleigh into a pure state town and imagine a kid idolizing and dreaming of cutting down the nets for Nc state and never being able to imagine it elsewhere and then doing it.

Awesome.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Saban’ vaunted hiteminthehead Defense “allows” the Tigers…
    5TDs and 511 total offensive yards…

compare that to October 16th, 2016
    Tigers score 3 TDs and get 495 total yds against our PACK BIGBOY Defense…

————–
    Say what you want ’bout Dabo…
    damn, I’d work for him for a season, anyway….

Pack78
    Participant

Glad the Tiggers won, but looked to me that each of the last two Tigger TDs could have been called pick plays-particularly the winning one. Saban went off on the sidelines for both…maybe he thinks so, too-would be interested in others opinions!

rthomas44
    Participant

Just to clarify, Walton was on espnnews sitting on the couch with other espn-duke types dressed as Uncle Sam, top hat and all. No drugs here.

YogiNC
    Participant

Pack78, I saw quite a few holding penalties and pass interference that didn’t get called on Bama. What goes around comes around. Being a SC boy from birth I was pulling for the tiggers too, and I will continue to do so as long as they aren’t playing the pack. Say what you want, Watson should have been the Heisman. Jackson, is good but I’d take Watson over him 9 days out of the week (Yogi ism).

Smarter than the average bear

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

Pack78, I would agree the first one could have been called, but not the last one. I thought it was at first, but the defender is pulling he receiver forward and down. If that ball is thrown to him instead, it would have been more right to call defensive holding than a pick. Again, my opinion, but it seemed that Bama was willing to get a penalty over giving up the touchdown, forcing them to kick the field goal. And honestly, not a bad plan if you think you’re going to get beat, because the penalty doesn’t really hurt you.

StateRed44
    Participant

Dabo = balls of steel. Good on them to go for the win. Time could have easily run down. Glad to see a sister school win big.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Maverick and I saw that last play the same way as the defender seemed to be trying to hug the receiver.

While I wasn’t shocked they won, I was expecting Watson to press too hard and throw a pick at the end of the game.

Kudos to him for staying cool after the way he got knocked around and then taking it to the Bama Defense.

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

I too, was expecting Watson to throw a pick, as it feels like he had done that a few times in his career (granted I haven’t spent the time to look up if that’s true – could be the Pack in me expecting/experiencing the worst at times), but kudos to him for showing the leadership and cool needed in that situation with all that was on the line.

I know he’s not the prototypical QB for the NFL, but given what’s out there this year and his leadership, if my team didn’t have a QB, I’d be interested to see what he could do. He was more effective throwing than running anyway in some big moments in his career at Clemson.

An aside, it was also fun to hear our coach with the other coaches on ESPNNews during the game. I don’t claim to know the ins and out of the formations, so it was fun to hear them analyze the formations (and be dead wrong a couple of times in what they thought was coming next).

YogiNC
    Participant

From purely an analytical point of view Watson at this point would seem to have more going for him than Russell Wilson and Russell is wearing a Superbowl ring. Given the right situation and OC in the NFL Watson could be VERY good, better than Winston IMO.

Smarter than the average bear

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Welp I was wrong again picking Bama big. ACC 10-3 in the post season with a National Championship. Times they are a changing.

Great game plan and execution of it to keep Bama D on the field for 99, NINETY NINE, freaking plays. They were gassed before the 4th quarter even started.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.