2016 NFL Combine – Wolfpack Edition

Home Forums StateFans Football 2016 NFL Combine – Wolfpack Edition

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Joe Thuney just helped himself big time with the 1st combine drill, running a 4.97 40. Shad should be going today as well.

Pack78
    Participant

Thanks for the update and keeping us tuned in-really pulling for Shad to do well.

redisgood
    Participant

Thuney also did well in the bench press with 28 reps which put him in the top 3rd. His 40 yard time was 2nd best among OL.

State has 5 players going this week – Burris, Thuney, Shad, Grinnage, and Brissett.

Shad had one of the worst bench presses among RBs with 10. Hopefully he makes up for it in the speed and agility drills.

redisgood
    Participant

That should have said 12 for Shad, but still one of the worst.

redisgood
    Participant

4.72 40 for Shad. Thuney is really helping himself so far, but Shad is really hurting himself. Near the bottom in strength and near the bottom in speed.

4.69 for Shad on his second run. Keith Marshall with a 4.27.

redisgood
    Participant

Shad at the bottom in the vertical jump. It’s safe to say he will be an undrafted FA unless he does something miraculous. That’s too bad. I was thinking with his early exit from the team he maybe could have gotten a trainer to work on these drills. And maybe he did. He had to really impress to get into the draft, but he’s done the opposite.

Thuney on the other hand can possibly move up a round or two.

redisgood
    Participant

5 of 7 drills complete for the OL guys. Thuney near the top in every category. Good for him.

pakfanistan
    Participant

What in the world is going on with Shad. I wouldn’t expect him to be elite, but I would have expected above average.

redisgood
    Participant

Right now he’s not even average. I was definitely hoping he would show better than he is.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I had always imagined Old Testament as a “tweener” – not fast enough to be a speed back, nor big enough to be a power back at the NFL level. Last month, the one NFL/fantasy site I pay for scouted the Top 25 RBs (last 5 or so were graded 7th/UDFA)…and OT didn’t even make the list.

After the combine showing, he’ll be lucky to even be a priority UDFA signing, and get any money at all.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hope he didn’t sell the scooter. He gon’ need it.

redisgood
    Participant

Brissett with the 2nd slowest 40 time for QBs which is no big deal, but Grinnage had the slowest time for TEs which is a bigger deal. Interesting coincidence Jacoby, Grinnage, and Thuney were all in the 4.9s.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

This is not combine-related so please pardon me. It is, however NFL and Wolfpack related.

The Buffalo Bills announced that they have released Super Mario Williams. My initial reaction was a Walter Matthau “release? There is no release!” However, this will allow Mario a chance to escape Ryan’s defense that really wasn’t last year. The man was made to sack QBs, not cover TEs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14876686/buffalo-bills-release-de-mario-williams-tag-ot-cordy-glenn

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.