2016 Coaching Carousel

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 2016 Coaching Carousel

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    packbackr04
    Participant

Dixon to TCU.
    rumors of Cronin to UNLV?
    Greg Gard in at Wiscy (not really a change there with Bo Ryans retirement)

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Glad someone started this.

Carryover from previous posts…..Archie to Pitt? (certainly hope not)

Wufpacker
    Participant

Archie to Pitt? (certainly hope not)

I hope not as well, but I can’t say a small part of me would not be entertained by the reactions ’round here.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Oklahoma State got the best coach available, no question. Brad Underwood is hands down my favorite basketball coach. His teams show no emotion and they give you every darn thing they got. My good friend is a Kansas State alum (’08) and was freaking pissed that they didn’t hire him.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I can tell you, by talking to somebody very close to Sean last night, that Sean feels that Pitt is a great place to visit, but barring something unforeseen…Sean Miller doesn’t have interest in leaving Arizona to come back to his alma mater,” Rothstein said. “So now, if you’re a resident of western Pennsylvania, it’s best that you turn the page from that chapter.”

Rothstein also doesn’t expect Archie Miller to take over the Pitt’s head coaching duties.

“Archie Miller, right now, is in a situation where he has become the new Shaka Smart of the Atlantic 10,” Rothstein said. “Dayton is a perennial top 25 or top 30 program. He’s obviously been given certain resources at Dayton, which he’s very comfortable with. So, I think Archie Miller, too, isn’t a slam dunk to leave Dayton, anyway…He has a program in place to already be at the level which Pitt is trying to get to.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/03/22/cbs-jon-rothstein-dont-expect-sean-miller-or-archie-miller-to-replace-dixon/

Not worth more than any other article; but combines common sense with something to temporarily soothe State fans. After all, did anyone really expect Sean to leave Arizona for Pitt?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Archie to Pitt? (certainly hope not)

I hope not as well, but I can’t say a small part of me would not be entertained by the reactions ’round here.

Using Arch’s favourite band, the reactions would range from:

to

redisgood
    Participant

Speaking of coaches’ favorite music, K’s is Beyoncé. Seriously? The man never stops recruiting. If he was coaching the Peoria Kindergarten Rattlers, his favorite musician would be Raffi.

MrPlywood
    Participant

K’s is Beyoncé

When he was recruiting G. Allen I’m sure K was in to Nickelback.

packbackr04
    Participant

sounds like Pitt is making a real run at Archie. heard its unlikely, but he is listening.

What does Dayton have coming back next year. i would think if he has a good team coming back he will stay one more year and get a better offer. If he doesnt have a good squad lined up for next year, he is probably more inclined to bolt this year.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25527278/ten-candidates-who-could-replace-jamie-dixon-as-pittsburghs-coach

CBS is still pumping the Herbster

Herb Sendek (former Arizona State/NC State head coach)

Sendek has taken three different schools to the NCAA Tournament — including North Carolina State, an ACC member, five straight times from 2002 to 2006. He grew up in Pittsburgh and graduated from Carnegie Mellon. So he’s a local guy with a résumé filled with accomplishments. He’s won more than 400 games at the Division I level.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster
    ChemE79a
    Participant

Do any of these guys who are becoming ex-head coaches move into consideration for our assistant coach position?

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Archie has 4 starters coming back, I believe. I think he waits to next season and makes a move. I don’t blame Jamie Dixon for leaving. Pitt is in the same boat as us. Mid-tier team with a couple of good runs here and there to blue ball us all. Texas is a hot bed for players and TCU isn’t going to have the high expectations (yet) that Pitt has year after year.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Parrish has an interesting take on the carousel….never stay any where long enough for the fans to get tired of you.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25528050/jamie-dixon-is-the-latest-to-recognize-its-no-good-to-stay-one-place-too-long

With a title like that, I’m surprised that he didn’t work around to Herb.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We said that on SFN like 12 years ago. Once you get to the 7-8 year mark, you should either be on your way to being a “ring of honor” type, or probably thinking of moving on.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Also, Dawkins out at Stanford (and in at UCF). Interesting to see who they hire.

choppack1
    Participant

Yep – bjd – good point… That may be the available job right now.

packbackr04
    Participant

Jeff Goodman on twitter:

“Been told by multiple sources Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin and UNLV are headed in the direction of a marriage. Talks still ongoing, though.”

Adventuroo
    Participant

Archie and Dayton EXTEND their Pre-Nup…until 2023.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2627127-archie-miller-dayton-agree-on-new-contract-latest-details-comments-reaction

Did not realize that Archie was 37. Now THAT makes me feel OLD….as I watched him at the PNC.

The beat goes on….

Ben Jacobson of Northern Iowa (from fame to shame…..in the TX A&M fiasco) is making around $550 – $600K. He signed a 10 year extension last year. His shining star got a bit dimmer after he had no alternative for his star, who was the inbound passer.

Don’t think that Stanford or other schools are fueling up the plane for a trip to Iowa….but YOU NEVER KNOW…..he COULDA been the next Shaka…

packbackr04
    Participant

thats great news on Archie. maybe he will stick at Dayton long enough for us to grab him when Gott flames out/DY retires

Wulfpack
    Participant

Cronin spurns UNLV to stay at Cincy.

Haase from UAB headed to Stanford (horrible hire).

rky
    Participant
    Wulfpack
    Participant

It’s about freakin’ time, Bees. Good golly.

This will be a neat one to watch.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Mike Dunleavy, Sr. to Tulane.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Re: Tech financials:

Georgia Tech will owe Gregory more than $1.3 million for the final two years of his contract. Hewitt, who took a $7.2 million buyout after he was fired in 2011, is still owed $2.7 million from the school over the next three years.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.