2015 NC State Football = Rodney Dangerfield?

Home Forums StateFans Football 2015 NC State Football = Rodney Dangerfield?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

No respect? Or is this about right?

I tend to think that given our questionmarks, not to mention the division in which we’ll have to survive to get there to begin with, this is about right. Plus, the odds of the Coastal teams seems to indicate that they’re basically a potential hot mess, with GT being the possible exception. But someone over there has to emerge, and then they’ve got a puncher’s chance in a one game scenario, so I get it.

I think Duke has a bigger claim to the Dangerfield syndrome that we do FWIW. But I get that too. Vegas ain’t getting much scrilla on Duke any shorter than the 50/1 they gave them. Might not get much play even at that.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25260465/power-5-conference-title-odds-sec-acc-big-ten-big-12-pac-12

Odds to win the ACC Championship Game

Clemson 2/1
    Florida State 5/2
    Georgia Tech 5/1
    Louisville 9/1
    Virginia Tech 9/1
    Miami 12/1
    North Carolina 12/1
    Pittsburgh 12/1
    NC State 20/1
    Duke 50/1
    Boston College 200/1
    Syracuse 200/1
    Virginia 200/1
    Wake Forest 200/1

TheCOWDOG

Speaking strictly Las Vegas, State is right where one would expect the values to be.

Duke, on the otherhand, appears to be in the double overlay range.

Unx…way over valued, and should flip-flop with Duke.

Fastback68
    Participant

Thornton Melon what does the poem Do not go gentle into that goodnight mean to you???

TheCOWDOG

^
    That’s when ya order a pitcher of beer every 7 minutes til someone passes out.

Then ya get one every 10.

PackofMac
    Participant

Pre-season rankings and predictions really don’t mean sh*t, I know you all know that. It’s the same thing year in and year out, Clemson will be the best team in the world, Florida State will be picked to re-peat even if they didn’t win the year before and somehow UNSux with receive at least 2 votes in the pre-season top 25….that is if they’re not ranked. Hell the one year we did get proper attention and credit we walked into Winston Salem in our second (or third??) game ranked #9 with the great Phillip Rivers…..and then got spanked by the Deacons and their 375 fans.

win, just win

TheCOWDOG

OK…but this topic is not about predictions. It is about gaming.

Different world.

YogiNC
    Participant

Whether State is 12/1 or 20/1 would you lay down a C note on them to win the ACC? I wouldn’t. That’s all this is. Period.

Smarter than the average bear

redwolf87
    Participant

unx football reminds me a great deal of the worst boss I ever had (thank the Lord I got out of that situation).

Ego and over-inflated assessment of potential based on so little actual evidence and ability. In the team’s case, mostly coaching ability.

Speaking of said boss, even now, 7 years down the road, I still fantasize that one day I’m driving a Toyota and he walks out in front of me, so I can run him down and claim the accelerator got stuck. But I landed in an infinitely better situation, so I guess all works out for the best.

BJD95
    Keymaster

You told me I had to bet two of those, I would EASILY take Louisville and Georgia Tech.

Duke’s odds are WAY too long, but I don’t think they will actually win the league. Whoever emerges from the Atlantic (Clemson, FSU, or Louisville) would beat them pretty easily. Though from a pot-odds perspective, it would be a good play to bet them.

I understand that schedule strength has a clear impact, but the Pitt and U*NC odds made me spit coffee out my nose. Which kinda hurt.

State’s odds are exactly right.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Gene Chizik will be Head Coach at UN* in three years…
    you heard it here first…

speaking of the ex-Auburn Tiger ….

ya’ll know what he what was thinking the first day he saw his Defense workout…
    something akin to “No Sh%t… This ain’t Kansas, Toto..”

and I’m sure he’s damn happy he ain’t GOTT ‘Bama, Georgia and Florida on his schedule this year…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.