2015 National Championship open thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2015 National Championship open thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

The 2014-2015 men’s college basketball season comes to a close tonight.

Thanks in large part to the Wolfpack coming together throughout the season and winning some games down the stretch, I had a lot of fun watching games and cheering on State this season. No matter how you may view the Wolfpack program or college basketball in general, I hope all of you who visit here (lurking or otherwise) have had some fun as well this season. We’ll have some season retrospective posts coming soon.

There are lot of things that can be picked apart as ‘problems’ in the college game, and rest assured we’ll continue discussing all those topics here. That said, as with most seasons there have been plenty of compelling storylines and close games to enjoy. The most talked about storyline was the chase for perfection for the Shadow Pack (UK) which came up a little short. Still, it was a tremendous 38-0 run … 39 was just a bridge too far.

Tonight could offer a tremendous match-up and game between Wisconsin and Duke. Although it was ages ago (relative to the season), keep in mind that Duke did win at Wisconsin very early on … Although each team is no doubt different at this point of the season, the familiarity does offer a little additional intrigue.

Personally speaking, I’m fine with whoever wins tonight. Both teams possess fantastic head coaches … The Wisconsin guys seem very easy to cheer for and truly execute at both ends of the floor. Duke is a charter member of the ACC and looking for a remarkable 5th national title within the past 25 years … Could be a great game.

Have fun!

highstick
    Participant

Hello Wisconsin!!! I’m wearing my Red hat with the W! Actually I’ll be in Madison in a couple of weeks for some beer, brats, and curds…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

tractor57
    Participant

Should be a great game to watch – go you Pack of Badgers!

13OT
    Participant

With Kentucky and Coach Cal out of the picture, this one will be much easier to watch. Duke is my first team after State and I’m pulling for them, but Wisconsin is a great story this season and this may be the Badgers’ one shining moment (as if they haven’t already had several).

Should be a great game, but if the 3s don’t fall for Duke, it could be ugly.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Go Wiscy, though I shall watch Intervention on the DVR and crash early instead of watching my second least favorite team win another title and put us further down the Tobacco Road pecking order.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I see nothing at all to dislike about this Badger bunch. Love their cohesiveness, skill and mettle. Quite a head coach, too that could really use one of these.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pulling for Wiscy, but expecting a Duke W. Best thing I can say is it beats the Heels getting another.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Pulling for Wiscy, but expecting a Duke W. Best thing I can say is it beats the Heels getting another.

If Duke wins, you’ve forgotten the added benefit of how much it will irritate the UNC fans.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I want Wiscy to win (they have played a FLAWLESS tourney), but Duke will. Duke couldn’t have beaten Kentucky and it will make me really mad when Wiscy doesn’t finish Coach Rat off.

I have already watched most of tOSU and Patriots championship wins in 2015. Will not watch one second of Duke’s to add to my backlog of bile.

SURPRISE ME IN THE MORNING, BUCKY BADGER.

choppack1
    Participant

Should be a great game. Saturday night’s whisky- Kentucky game was epic. I expect coach k will have something for the badgers – (think of gott’s game plan vs. Nova…force them to beat you inside the 3 point line).

However, like others have said, I can see duke’s offense letting them down.

TheCOWDOG

Fuk ’em Bucky

choppack1
    Participant

Bjd; to Duke’s credit they have pretty much steamrolled everyone in the tourney.

They have pretty much treated everyone in the tourney like they treated us.

Wufpacker
    Participant

If Duke wins, you’ve forgotten the added benefit of how much it will irritate the UNC fans.

That is an excellent point, Sir.

Fuk ‘em Bucky

…right in the p-ssy.

Rick
    Keymaster

How many Duke announcers can they pack into this broadcast?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Time for some more Badger ball.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well.. it’s the last game of the season…
    and we might as well go out with bang…

It’s been a great ride with Wufpup76 at the helm…

And It’s a while until Pigskin revives in August…

This game will be won or lost on the perimeter…
    Either team could win.

Don’t discount Coach Rat in a close one …
    he’s more than worth a couple of baskets in the last three minutes…

Go DOOK…
    Because we beat them…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

No ACC refs on the court !

Rick
    Keymaster

Okafor cannot cover Frank da tank

PackFamily
    Participant

First time watching on Direct TV. Is anyone else having trouble hearing the announcers?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok…

They’ve broken a good sweat…

DOOK is going to push the sh%t out of the ball…
    Wisky can’t stop that so they are going to have to play faster than they would like…

Okafor recognizes he’s got to step it up a notch…
    I’m betting he will reach back and bring it…

Wisky doing their usual bump, slap and grind on D…
    Refs just watching for now…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Okafor already with an early foul (charge). That could be big if Frank can get him on the pine.

Wufpacker
    Participant

First time watching on Direct TV. Is anyone else having trouble hearing the announcers?

Unfortunately, no (direcTV here too btw).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Coach Rat has got a good look at Wishy…
    making some test moves to see what he might come back to in the second half…

DOOK D stiffening…
    Wishy starting to sweat a little harder…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I am, actually … seems like they heard the complaints about the lack of atmosphere in the space domes, so I’m guessing they are really emphasizing crowd noise tonight. I don’t recall it being like this on Sat. evening.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Dekker has seemed a bit stage-frighty to me so far … that’s unfortunate

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.