2015 Kay Yow Spring Football Game Info

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2015 Kay Yow Spring Football Game Info

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Basketball is over. Baseball AND Softball are both out of town. So as if you needed another reason to head out to Carter-Finley THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 1
    [See the full post at: 2015 Kay Yow Spring Football Game Info]

redisgood
    Participant

Tonight’s events have been cancelled due to weather, but tomorrow should be a beautiful day. Looking forward to some pre-game beer and brats, and hopefully a good crowd for the game. Anxious to see McClendon, Gallaspy, Roseboro etc. get their first taste of action. Especially want to see how McClendon looks out there. We will be pretty short-handed at the WR position, so not expecting a lot from the passing game. Also the kickers get their 1st game action.

Should be an overall fun day.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Anxious to see McClendon, Gallaspy, Roseboro etc. get their first taste of action.

TA’s back!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Anxious to see McClendon, Gallaspy, Roseboro etc. get their first taste of action.

TA’s back!

In the tub?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Really nice press conference from Doreen. Enjoyed that more than 99% of everything that I’ve ever heard from any coach because Doreen comes across as a straight shooter.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Can’t make the team in the tub.

Greywolf
    Participant

“We will be pretty short-handed at the WR position, so not expecting a lot from the passing game.”

With Jonathan Alston JR, Bra’Lon Cherry JR, Jumichael Ramos JR, and Stephen Louis SO, returning at WR along with Jalen Samuels and Matt Dayes out of the backfield we are definitely NOT short-handed in the passing game.

Sure, we will miss Bo Hines and JVS but I’m more concerned with who we have than who we don’t have. Our passing game will provide as much if not more yardage this year than last year. Coach McDonald has done a great job with the receivers this spring. It looks like the “dropsies” have been cured.

Nyheim Hines in the slot is a more than adequate replacement for departing freshman, Bo Hines.

RSFR Maurice Trowell will add to the WR depth along with incoming FR Vernon Grier, Brian Sessoms, and Freddie Simmons. FWIW Sessoms has been clocked under 4.3 in the 40 by our staff. They couldn’t believe it and clocked him 4 times. That’s serious speed. Simmons has the hands, runs great routes and could be the possession receiver of the future.

The place to be concerned is the 4 starting tackles Who graduated — 2 OTs and 2 DTs. And that seems to be coming along nicely although injuries makes determining who will play where difficult to see this spring.

redisgood
    Participant

I meant thin for the spring game. Both Alston and Cherry are hurt, and I believe neither will be playing today.

Greywolf
    Participant

I meant thin for the spring game. Both Alston and Cherry are hurt, and I believe neither will be playing today.

Sorry about that. I can see that now when I read it again.

It will be interesting to see if Ramos and Trowell step up. What I want to see is the expanded role for J-Sam and how RGII does running the ball. And of course the OL.

I’m trying desperately to curb my enthusiasm without much success. 😉

ncsu1987
    Participant

Damn, I like Doeren.

packbackr04
    Participant

how was the attendance?

redisgood
    Participant

I think there was maybe 12,000 or so. hard to say because people were coming in and leaving at different times. If I was counting by UNC standards, we had a little over 50,000.

Tough to take anything from the game. Like I said earlier, a lot of guys were out, and I didn’t even recognize the names of half the guys lining up at WR. A few observations tho:
    – Samuels is going to be major impact player. That guy was everywhere;
    – Gallaspy is an absolute terror. I have no idea how the other freshmen RBs will do, but he will be hard to keep off the field;
    – Street looked bigger and really, really good;
    – Roseboro had some nice plays and absolutely blew up a running play 8 yards into the backfield;
    – Brissett was very rusty;
    – McClendon looks like he could be good. Was a little unsure at times, but he has a big tall frame and a rocket for an arm. Just didn’t have much in the way of receivers to throw to;
    – Punting looked fine, kicking tho was a bit of a soft spot;
    – the pre-game beer and brats were outstanding.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Not much but it’s a little something:

Freshman running back Reggie Gallaspy II ran for 131 yards while rising junior Matt Dayes nearly racked up 100 total yards in North Carolina State’s spring game Saturday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gallaspy-dayes-samuels-headline-nc-state-spring-game-203644868–ncaaf.html

http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041115aaa.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.