2014-15 Post-WBS Roster Thoughts and Bold Predictions

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2014-15 Post-WBS Roster Thoughts and Bold Predictions

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    PapaWolf
    Participant

Whoa! Hpack!
    Very strong predictions for March 30. But I generally agree with the positive tone. We’ve got a lot of quality parts, can’t wait to see how they come together next year.

I’d like to get that next recruiting class locked in. I know we have some good offers, like to hear who’s likely to sign on. Seems like a long time since we’ve heard much.

I think it was Giglio who tweeted that he thought Abu would start. If he’s right, what a line up we’ll have.

A really nice foundation for the future.

hpack
    Participant

PAPA: Just having some fun to start the off-season Think we’ll have some good, some bad next year but fall a bit short top tier status. Every one of the predictions is highly plausible if not optimistic.

eas
    Participant

btownwolfpack wrote:
    Unbelievably offensive nicknames for what is supposed to be our team. In particular, BSW is so incredibly racist, it is hard to believe any African American actually comes to NCSU. Nice job of making State fans look like a bunch of idiot rednecks. Totally shameful.

^^You don’t like the nicknames and that’s cool/fair. However, your post also groups Rednecks as racist. I know I should have left this one alone but grouping a redneck etc as racist is the same thing as what you were originally complaining about. Unfortunately People are racist without labels. Just keep it simple….

I never thought twice about calling Tyler Lewis White Chocolate since that’s what his common nickname was.

Anyway, I think next year does look good. I hate Tyler is gone but CAT should have time to grow. Most of all I think the guys have bonded well as a team.

Go Pack

tjfoose1
    Participant

Hey btownwolfpack,

Hypersensitive much? A subscriber to the logic of the billiards scene in
    Boomerang?

Hmmmm… but then again, the team does seem to always lose when in the black jerseys. Ha, there you go, the whole damn team is racist.

packalum44
    Participant

We can all speculate about how good we will or will not be. What doesn’t require speculation, is the fact that we won’t be as good a team without Tyler Lewis and Rodney Purvis. Two preventable and unusual departures, that somehow goes unattributed to the head coach. Starters don’t transfer at any other programs. What’s up Gott?

tjfoose1
    Participant

What doesn’t require speculation, is the fact that we won’t be as good a team without Tyler Lewis and Rodney Purvis.

Wrong. Speculation is EXACTLY what that is. We all get you hate Gott (and from the tone of your posts for the last 6 months or so, life in general). But being a hater doesn’t give you the right to make up your own facts.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

I always thought Black Falcon was a little racist coming out of Cheater U. I had some folks on my own team call me snowflake or glare or white girl, depending on our moods. I did not take that as malicious intent. It’s part of the culture.

King Hippo would be the most hurtful to me. However, Jeff Allen (I think) from VA tech was called big doughnut. #0 lost a ton of weight and was the 2nd best player his senior year. I view it as a motivational tool… We love the kid.

eas
    Participant

^^ good point Tjfoose1.

Packzingo
    Participant

LOL to myself….seasons over and I just put the “labels and players” together!!! LOL I could never put KH where it belonged.

Like most, hate to see Tyler go but if it ain’t working for you, make a change. He stepped up and made a move and I wish him nothing but success!

Thanks for all the insightful post from the folks in the know! I appreciate the time you folks put into educating the likes of me.

Gowolves
    Participant

My bold prediction..Warren comes back and we win the ACC tourney next year. Yeah I know that’s funny and outlandish but I like it

13OT
    Participant

Haven’t we had enough transfers? Not just out, but in as well.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I think he also deserves blame/credit for developing those players, and year two with Le Nard/KH/KW/Cat will be crucial in determining whether he can back up recruiting wins with game wins.

See: Buckets, Tony.

Virginia Wolf
    Participant

Sorry we’re losing Tyler! Great job young man and I wish you the best. Next year looks good. We are undefeated right now and I’m looking for a 20 win regular season and losing in the semi final in the ACCT. A 9 seed in the NCAA. Now, that all depends on wheather we can learn to shoot free throws or not and if someone can come though as a shooter of 3’s. Let’s be positive and say we win the ACCT and make it to the final four. Go Pack!!!!

AugustaWolf
    Participant

I predict Anya wins season 16 of The Biggest Loser.

john of sparta
    Participant

it’s all over with.
    NCAA-anything is toast.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Interesting comments….

Hope that Cat Matures.
    Hope that RT keeps working on his 3’s
    Anya needs (unconfirmed, but reliable source) a Food Handler. The team dietician kept him on a strict diet during the season (M-f), but he was a drunken sailor (food, not the demon rum) on the weekends and undid all his gains. HOPE that he has good supervision.
    Rest of squad needs to develop.

Tyler obviously decided to LEAVE and does not have a landing spot nailed down….will just cruise around on the thermals until one opens up.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think we could have a VERY interesting little team next year. We have guys who are very capable of stepping out of Buckets’ shadow with an extra year of experience.

The key is…these guys really like each other. Good chemistry. And I think King Hippo will be fan-damn-tastic, whether he loses weight or not. With fouls and such, a properly used big man shouldn’t exceed 25 or so minutes anyway, if you have the bodies. Which we will.

I don’t think Washington wil “lose his starting spot” so to speak. I just assume with KH starting, we would use Le Nard alongside him. They’re best friends, I’m pretty sure. Synergy and whatnot. I could see all four bigs playing roughly equal minutes, on average. It would be interesting if Washington could play some 3 if the need arises (ie, BSW needs to slide over to 2 because a guard is injured/sick, or the Martin twins aren’t quite ready). That kind of stuff will make the Nov/Dec games especially interesting.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

King Hippo would be the most hurtful to me.

King Hippo was a fighter in Mike Tyson’s “Punch Out” game. He was 18-9 with 18 knockouts and was a minor circuit champion. There’s not really anything racial about it, no more than “Glass Joe” or “Piston Honda.”

It was always funny when King Hippo said “I feel like eating after I win. Let’s go to lunch! Ha, ha, ha!”

King Hippo

BJD95
    Keymaster

As we discussed in December, King Hippo has his own Wikipedia page. Turns out he’s one of the 10 most popular Nintendo characters of all-time. He’s a badass. And the name is certainly, like all our nicknames, whimsical in nature. Given out of love. That’s the blog’s style.

I particularly like Black Scott Wood as a bit of subconscious satire on how sports announcers always analogize players to a comparable of the same pigmentation. In this case, I just found it fitting how scarily similar Turner’s game is/was to Wood’s. Had he come first, then Wood woulda been White Ralston Turner. There’s nothing racist about it. Not the slightest bit of negative connotation. We don’t have to pretend that race doesn’t EXIST in order to not be racist. That’s just silly.

Scott Wood always had a good sense of humor. He would love to live on as BSW like that.

OK, that’s enough of that. I expect that 99% of the world tacitly understood that before. 😀

mr.wolf
    Participant

Please drop all these nicknames. You obviously don’t realize how negative and subtly/unsubtly racist they are, so you should just use these guidelines: call a player by his proper name unless 1.) the player publicly uses a nickname, or 2.) you email Gott or Yow asking if it’s appropriate and get approval.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Here’s a better idea – if you don’t like how we converse on our blog…don’t read it. This is not meant to have the sterile atmosphere of a gopack.com. This is a stupid discussion that I feel is sapping my IQ as I type, so I now disengage. That is all. Good night!

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

you email Gott or Yow asking if it’s appropriate and get approval.

Thank God the PC police have arrived.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Aren’t newbies fun?

JohnGalt78
    Participant

^^^ “mr wolf”…is that your real name?

AugustaWolf
    Participant

Agree with BJD re: chemistry, next year will be interesting as more pieces may be in place even without Warren. If Abu Garcia is as advertised, definitely a welcomed addition in the post. If Mary Kate and Ashley can provide any meaningful minutes, all the better. Someone correctly called Vandy the ‘x factor’ for this year (apologize I can’t recall who it was). We need that next year to take a step forward.

I have been a long time lurker LOL and would never consider any moderator a racist on this site.

TL, all the best.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.