TV: ACC Network
Announcers: Tim Brandt, Mike Gminski
I’d like to say I’m excited about playing the Cheats and can’t wait for the game tonight but I’d be lying, even with a must win resume defining game on the line. The fact is I’ve got zero desire to watch this game, even less than the VT game, simply because I’m sick and tired of watching us not only lose to them but not even be competitive. I almost skipped the charts for today and was about to throw up a Top 10 list of things more enjoyable than watching this game…maybe next time.
– NCSU is 9-0 when they shoot 50% or better.
– NCSU is 16-3 when they score 65 or more points. (NCCU, Wake, UNC)
– UNC is 19-3 when they score 65 or more points. (Belmont, Texas, Wake)
I’d actually tune in to watch if hot babes were the refs.
This is where Gottfried’s philosophy of trying to out offense an opponent doesn’t work.
What’s at Stake?
– If the Wolfpack can win then they get a Top 25 or Top 50 RPI win, of which they currently have neither. (FSU #56, Tenn #59) A win would also put them in a tie with Clemson for 6th place (who lost to Wake last night) and a half game behind Pittsburgh (who is playing at BC tonight) for 5th.
– A loss would put the Pack below .500, in a 3-way tie for 7th place with Maryland and FSU, and pretty much leave the Pack with having to win out the regular season and get to Sunday in the ACCT with 2 wins over Top 25 teams to realistically earn a spot in the NCAAT without any outside help.
KenPom thinks UNC by 4. I predict another butt kicking.