Lots of stuff going on worth discussing.
- Philip Rivers finishes the season as the NFLâ€™s most prolific passer with more than 4,700 yards. Rivers and NC Stateâ€™s Adrian Wilson both made the Pro Bowl this year and was discussed in this entry that includes some interesting conference analysis. Wonder how much Wolfpackers care about our former players? How about our season-long thread titled â€˜Norv Turner. Garbage.â€™ that now expands past 8 pages and is one of the Top 50 most viewed threads in SFN Message Forum history.
- The University of Maryland has hired (now former) UConn Head Coach, Randy Edsall. (Some discussion available here). The move seems to be accompanied by a lot of controversy as the majority of Maryland fans are voicing their unhappiness. Even though I disagree with their position as I feel Edsall is a great hire, I donâ€™t mind them being unhappy; I do mind voicing the unhappiness with hypocrisy and inconsistent analysis. Terps fans wanted Mike Leach and say that Edsall has achieved no â€˜national prominenceâ€™. They make this statement less than 24 hours after Edsall appeared in a BCS Bowl game; something Mike Leach never did. What more â€˜national prominenceâ€™ do they want?
- Lots of other coaching chatter and changes developing out there and worth watching this week. I will refer you to our forums for real-time information. This one about Dabo Swinney at Clemson, who fired two assistant coaches on Sunday, is one of them.
- Do you think that NC State has a big fan following? How about the fact that three of the ten most read stories in 2010 at the N&O online were directly about NC State and another was indirectly related? (Link)
- NC Stateâ€™s Menâ€™s Basketball team, and Tracy Smith, played very well on Saturday in a romp over San Diego. (Good stuff available here). A lot of folks are not yet writing the Wolfpackâ€™s season off to failure, and if Smith continues to show this kind of impact to the team then they will be right and those of us who got excessively frustrated with the Wolfpackâ€™s December performances will be wrong. Only time will tell. But, at least weâ€™ve been discussing the possibility in Missing Tracy Smith and Will Tracy Smith help our scoring droughts?
- Duke tipped-off their ACC Basketball season with an expected win over Miami on a Sunday that saw Wake Forest lose to Gonzaga and Georgia Tech lose to Charlotte. Boston College has proven to be the surprise of the early season for the ACC, making NC Stateâ€™s trip to Chestnut Hill on Tuesday, January 11th both a huge opportunity and huge challenge.