NC State linebacker, Nate Irving, is going to be remembered as one of the favorite Wolfpackers of all time for many fans.Â Irving will be remembered for more than just joining the likes of Vaughn Johnson, Damien Covington, Levar Fisher and others as the elite linebackers in the programâ€™s history â€“ he will be remembered for his heart, determination and perseverance through tragedy and challenges that few of us ever face in our life.
Others are taking note as well.
- On Monday, Dr. Saturday highlighted Nateâ€™s season as the fourth most over achieving player of 2010.Â Â (Link)
- Last week, Irving was named to second team, Walter Camp All-American.Â (Link)
- Also last week, Nate shared the ACCâ€™s Brian Piccolo Award.Â (Link)
- On November 29th, Irving was named First Team All-ACC for the 2010 season.Â (Link)
4. Nate Irving, LB, N.C. State.
Former two-star “athlete” emerged as the best player on the Wolfpack defense in 2008, only to have his entire 2009 campaign erased by a horrific car accidentthat left him with a badly broken leg, a separated shoulder and a collapsed lung before the season. He returned in top form this fall, landing a first-team All-ACC nod with 20.5 tackles for loss â€“ including an NCAA-record eight TFLs against Wake Forest alone â€“ with six sacks, eight QB hurries, two forced fumbles and easily the most impressive belly-to-back suplex of the season.
You can click here to view our Tag for our Nate Irving entries through the years.