Hat tip to the quick find by the great team at TomahawkNation, who have to be following this story even more closely now that the University of Florida has been connected to it.
The National Football Post has a an entry linked here that TomahawkNation summarizes as follows:
* UNC athletics officials are not optimistic.
* Marvin Austin, one of not the top defensive tackles in the country is likely to be suspended for senior year.
* Wide receiver Greg Little, safety Deunta Williams, cornerback Kendric Burney and linebackers Bruce Carter and Quan Sturdivant could also face punishment.
* South Carolina TE Wesley Saunders and Austin have been told not to associate with each other.
* Austin and Saunders have been regularly comparing notes on agents and marketing representatives throughout the recruiting process, including what inducements the various businesses are offering to try to win them over.
* Smoking gun here appears to be trips to D.C. & South Beach
Poor “MA” had to quit his Twitter account and now this?!
We hope that you are reading all of our coverage at SFN as well as participating in our message forums where you can get real-time information and analysis on a host of topics.
More to come.