Note – since a lot of you guys are dying to know what’s happening over in Brown-Weiseger and want to talk about it, why not use the SFN Chat Room? Click the link to go there now.
We’ve been hearing elevated ‘rumblings’ over the last week and those rumblings have reached a fevered pitch the last 48 hours. Talk to me, people.
From the file of “strange dates in history”:
- It was April 1st (2006) when this happened.
- April 2nd (today) is Lee Fowler’s birthday
- April 3rd (tomorrow) is the infamous JB34′s birthday
The following isÂ someÂ evolving analysis of unconfirmed developments and rumors as they are unfolding.
Friday MorningÂ 10:30am Update:
Thursday Midnight Update:
- Rumors are making their way around NC State internet websites that Lee Fowler ‘is gone’.
- These rumors are lending there way to a wave of unconfirmed ‘details’ that are arising as follow-up.
- Included in the follow-up wave of rumor is that there was a special Board of Trustees meetings called tonight.
- At this point, SFN has yet to find any evidence of any kind ofÂ special BOT meeting tonight.
- The BOT has a scheduled meeting in twoÂ weeks.
- The BOT would only need to meet in special session if they were recommending/voting on some time-sensitive issue like a firing.Â But, IF Lee Fowler were to have tendered a resignation or plans to tender a resignation then these information leaks about him ‘being gone’ could still be true without there needing to have been a BOT meeting.
- SFN has heard from multiple sources in the last few weeks that Vanderbilt University, Fowler’s alma mater, is considering re-instituting a formal athletics program and that many at NC State would welcome the opportunity for Lazy Lee to run off to his home and ‘lead’ the Commodores new program.
- Additionally, members of the SFN team have experienced an unusually high volume of inquiry calls with ‘contacts’ within the NC State community this week.Â The general theme seems to be that ‘something is happening’ but nobody has the whole story.
- Some rumors circulating already include the potential naming of three specific replacements/additions to key roles within the Athletics Department and the Wolfpack Club.Â We don’t think that it is prudent or fair to float anyone’s name into the public domain so early in a process that is yet unconfirmed.
- There are many other yet-unconfirmed tangents of some things evolving within the Athletics Department but these tangential speculations can do nothing positive for NC State and don’t have a place in a public forum until more develops…IF more develops.
- In the absence of details, there are too many holes to attempt to fill-in the gaps with usubstantiated conjecture at this point.
My sole casual ‘interesting observation’ is as follows –Â it is kind of odd/interesting that theÂ timing of this potential breaking news comes on theÂ eve of the Final Four, which is also the nation’s largest coaching conference and is generally known as a job fair for coaches.