* There is no more joking “is it basketball season yet”. It really is basketball season for the Wolfpack.
* In 2001, Maryland threw oranges on the field at the end of the game at Carter-Finley. Today, they threw statues of Mother Teresa, Gandhi and Bono on the field to celebrate their bid to the bowl that used to be the Humanitarian Bowl.
* Coach O’Brien should probably take some heat after this game. That ‘effort’ was pitiful today.
* Another Evans INT near/in the red zone changes the complection of the game.
* Will Justin Burke transfer?
* Can anyone PLEASE beat out Daniel Evans next year? There is little to no reason to have much excitement regarding the 2008 season if NC State cannot improve upon the quarterback position.
* Nice round of applause for Marcus Stone on senior day at the stadium
* Despite the embarassment of today, a 5-7 / 3-5 record that included wins over ECU and UNC-CH was about as good as could be expected heading into this season. I’ll take it.