Sunday 8:52am ESPN.com has posted highlights from the win over Wofford.
NC STATE ends the nation’s 4th longest losing streak at NINE by scoring more than 24 POINTS for the first time since playing Eastern Kentucky in September of 2005 (22 consecutive games)!!!!
2nd Quarter Summary
* 49 yard field goal for Steven Hauschka! Nice to know that we can hit that. The klck would have been good from 55 but it was about 1 foot inside the upright, it started off wide right and hooked in.
* In replacement of an injured LaRue Rumph, freshman Thomas Barnes picksed up a fumble and returned it for a five yard defensive touchdown to start the 2nd quarter. When was the last time that we got a free one like this? I guess Willie Young’s TD return at Clemson in the middle of last season. Of course, we still lost that game. Barnes also had a great hit in the 2nd quarter.
* Andre Brown is exerting himself with chunks of yards with every touch. Brown has 113 yards and 2 TDs on just 14 carries.
* Every time Wofford gets some momentum they commit CTC-like penalties for substitutions, formations and procedures. Then again, State’s Martrel Brown and Thomas Barnes both got 15 yard penalties giving Wofford too much opportunity.
* Harrion Beck lost his rhythm in the second quarter
* Bradley Pierson’s third punt puts Wofford on their 17 yard line, but is only 18 yards in length. See first quarter comments on Pierson.
* Click here for “The Rule of 24″
First Quarter Summary Comments
* Johnny Evans called it “Exactly what the doctor ordered” as NC State scores a touchdown on our first drive of a game for only the second time in the last 15 games when Andre Brown went in from three yards out. Brown has 42 yards on only 5 carries and Harrison Beck was 4 of 4 for 32 yards on the first drive.
* The Pack’s defense held the Terriers to a punt on their first series but seems to be trying to find our footing as Wofford gets 4 first downs on 6:30 minutes of possession time. Marcus Kuhn continues to get major playing time on defense. Miguel Scott had 5 tackles in the first quarter.
* Harrion Beck was very sharp in the first quarter despite going only 6 for 12 for 48 yards. Beck had at least three balls dropped (Stone, Eugene, Spencer) and threw one jump ball on a third and long. John Dunlap had three receptions in the first quarter.
* Welcome to the bigtime, Bradley Pierson. Pierson’s first punt went 49 yards!! Allow me to repeat…punts for 49 yards!!!! Pierson nailed his second punt of the night with a high hanger that died on the Wofford 2 yard line. Awesome!!
* State had three penalties in the 1st quarter.