ESPN’s “Gameday” College Football Preview show aired Saturday. If you didn’t see it, then you didn’t miss too much as it was about what you would expect. A few quick notes:
(1) The “tease” at the beginning of the show – that has taken the form of music video in recent years – was set to more traditional music and not rap this year.
(2) The tease did NOT include any highlights of NC State for the first time in recent years. Over the last 3-4 years, ESPN has changed the tease on a weekly basis.
(3) Despite the fact that the Gameday crew will not be in Raleigh for the season opener, the State-VPI game was discussed as a big one by the whole crew. They all mentioned that the Wolfpack provide an early test and create a tricky situation for the Hokies.
(4) The crew leaned toward choosing Virginia Tech as this year’s ACC Champion with a couple of dissenters choosing Miami. The overwhelming consensus, as it has been throughout the media, is that the ACC Champ will come from the Coastal division and not the murky Atlantic.
(5) I think that it was Trev Alberts that particularly liked Virginia Tech this season and picked them to win the National Championship.